2013 has been a big year for us! Without further ado, here are the Top Ten milestones for Consano this year:
1. Website launch in March! You can see by these (clearly spontaneous!) faces that the entire family was excited for the upcoming launch. Huge thank you to Topaz Design and our developer Lee Ritter for helping to make our vision a reality. And while we had been working behind the scenes for many months prior to lauch, this really felt like the true beginning of Consano.
2. Consano gets our first TV coverage on local Portland station KATU. It’s always fun to be on TV!
3. Dr. Monika Davare, of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, fully funds her pediatric medulloblastoma project. Our first fully funded project — definitely a proud moment! Several months after Dr. Davare funded her project on Consano, she received a $250,000 grant from Hyundai Hope on Wheels. We’re excited to see her continued success!
4. We raised $43,000 in our first three months!
5. Molly pitches Consano at the Portland State Impact Entrepreneurs Elevating Impact Summit, get some great feedback from the panel of judges, and is selected by the audience as the winner. It meant so much that our story resonated with the audience.
6. Consano is featured on Tech Crunch TV! This drove a lot of traffic to the site, and we were so grateful for the opportunity to get the word out more widely about what we’re up to. We also had a great article in Fast Company as well.
7. We’ve grown from having researchers from two academic institutions at our launch to six currently.
8. We have started to receive updates from our researchers with the impact of your donations. It is so gratifying to have that visibility to the difference we are making together.
9. We were issued our determination letter from the IRS making us an official 501(c)(3)! After fourteen months of waiting, our application was expedited, and we became official. I’ve never been so happy to receive a letter from the IRS!
10. The most amazing part of this past year have been the stories people have shared with us. They have been moving, heart-warming and continue to fuel the passion behind Consano. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and for showing us that together, we are stronger.
On a personal note, I am still NED (no evidence of disease). I never take that for granted because I know that this can change at any moment. For me, having more time with my family, friends and meeting all of you along this adventure is the greatest highlight of any year for me.
I can’t wait to see what 2014 holds! Happy New Year!